In the last couple of decades, yoga has been somewhat streamlined as it gained much popularity all over the world. For many, yoga means going to a class that normally lasts for about an hour in which many different postures are performed. These postures are known as asanas and if you begin to practice yoga, you will likely become very familiar with the different kinds. All in all, yoga is meant to help those who practice it to feel more relaxed, stronger, healthier, happier and more flexible. However, there are many other things yoga can do for you. Continue reading below to learn more.
The Number One Mistake People Make When Beginning Yoga
When people take their first several yoga classes, they find that perhaps it isn’t as easy as they anticipated it would be. It is beyond important that you remember that your body is not meant to be fully flexible when you first begin. Yoga is meant to train your body to be both capable and flexible. A way you can remember to remain patient throughout the beginning of newly practicing yoga is to repeat the following to yourself each time you find that you are struggling with a pose or throughout an entire class: Your body is not there to serve the pose. Poses are there to serve your body. Each posture acts as a way to heal the body, to make it stronger and to release tension from it. Taking your time to learn how to do each correctly will render these results eventually.
What Else Can Yoga Do For You?
While yoga acts to do many great things for the body, we have compiled a list of the many ways we believe our yoga classes at Nobe Yoga can work to improve your life as a whole. Below are some of the reasons we have been told people visit our yoga classes and keep returning.
- Yoga connects the body, mind and breath.
- Yoga helps you to quiet your mind.
- Yoga makes you more aware of everything you do and your body as a whole.
- Yoga helps you to connect to your breath (something you will learn after you have practiced for a while).
- Yoga helps you to accept thoughts, emotions, fears, judgements, and even pain in some cases.
- Yoga helps you to become more aware of your reality, putting you in touch with each moment of every day.
- Yoga can help you to connect with yourself on a deeper level.
- Yoga will teach you to appreciate all that life has to offer.
- Yoga will strengthen your physical and mental flexibility.
Are You Interested In Trying Yoga?
If you have been considering joining a yoga studio in Miami Beach, you will not find a better place to begin your journey that at Nobe Yoga. We will help you to find the best classes for you and your skill level. Contact us today for more information or simply stop into our studio. We look forward to seeing you soon!